The 9.30 Content Update #3 for Fortnite is out, and it added a brand new throwable, an airstrike! This a Legendary item that when thrown will launch a barrage of missiles down onto enemies below. This will easily be a game changer when charging enemies with well fortified positions.
Fortnite 9.30 Content Update
Limited Time Mode Rotation:
- High Explosives Squads
- Battle Royale with Explosive weapons only! ‘Splode all of the enemies back to the lobby to earn the Victory Royale!
- Sneaky Silencers Solo
- Nighttime fighting with silenced weapons.
- Classic Squads
- Classic Battle Royale with only weapons and items from Seasons one and two.
- Solid Gold Duos
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
- Catch Squads
- In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed.
- Blitz Squads
- Drop into this fast-paced Limited Time Mode! You’d better keep moving because the Storm never does.
Weapons & Items
- A thrown canister of colored smoke that calls in a flurry of missiles from above.
- Once the canister comes to rest, missiles will spawn after a short delay.
- Missiles spawn about 120 meters above the smoke canister.
- Missiles aim for random points within a 9 meters radius of the thrown object.
- A total of 20 missiles are spawned.
- Each missile has an explosion radius of 3.5 meters.
- Each missile deals 75 damage to players and 200 damage to structures.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, and Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 1.
- Max stack size of 2.
- Legendary variant.
- The amount of eliminations required for a Victory Royale in the Team Rumble Limited Time Mode has been lowered to 50 from 150 on Switch, Android, and iOS devices.
Sport a new paint job and create off-road courses using Car Gallery B!
Prefabs & Galleries
Added 4 New Galleries:
- Car Gallery B – which has more car color variants
- Snow & Mud Floor Gallery
- Grass & Sand Floor Gallery
- Lava Floor Gallery
Save The World
One Smasher.. Two Smasher.. Invulnerable Smasher…Modified Smasher.
Don’t trust the Atoms! They make up everything!
Missions & Systems
- New Wargames simulation: Double Trouble
- Take two Golden Smashers with cycling modifiers, make them indestructible, and set them loose on your fort.
- If that doesn’t sound horrifying enough, their ill temperament switches between attacking Heroes and the fort.
- A new Wargames simulation means more chances for Event Tickets, a new banner, and more variety to the Daily Wargames Challenges.
Weapons & Items
De-Atomizer 9000 launches into the Weekly Store!
- Launches an energy projectile that explodes and shoots 15 sub-projectiles out in all directions. Decimates crowds of weak enemies… and buildings!
- Available from July 10 at 8 PM Eastern Time until July 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.